The Terms of Reference for the Review and the preparation of a Community Report were:
- to engage with and consider community concerns relating to the management of the Mt Ray – Boundary Track fire,
- to engage with the Country Fire Authority (CFA) Chief Officer and Department of Environment and Primary Industries (DEPI) Chief Fire Officer,
- to ensure strategic ownership and engagement within the fire services agencies about the fire management of the Mt Ray – Boundary Track fire,
- to work with the community to identify their issues of concern and develop actions to improve,
- to provide observations and actions that will be implemented by the FSC (now the EMC), CFA Chief Officer and DEPI Chief Fire Officer
- for the EMC to report to the Minister for Police and Emergency Services on strategic issues, actions and any systemic issues.
The community report sets out a set of strategic actions to improve fire management in these communities. These are:
- Initial Attack / utilisation of resources
- Road Traffic Management
- Community involvement in fire preparedness, response and recovery
The Strategic Actions bring together multiple themes and provide a clear set of actions that will address the issues identified by the community, the Emergency Management Commissioner and Chief Fire Officers of CFA and DEPI.
If you would like to receive this publication in a more accessible format, you can request it via our feedback form.