***Applications for ESVS grants are now closed. To see a list of successful grant applications please see below.***
The Victorian Government is committed to supporting the significant contribution of the more than 100,000 emergency management volunteers, through much needed investment in equipment and facilities.
The Emergency Services Volunteer Sustainability Grants Program has been established to ensure emergency management volunteers can continue to deliver their crucial work to keep Victorians safe.
The Grants Program is open to volunteers, brigades, units and clubs from:
- Country Fire Authority
- Victoria State Emergency Service
- Marine Search and Rescue providers
- Life Saving Victoria
- Other emergency management organisations identified in the Emergency Management Manual Victoria
A co-contribution is not required to apply for funding through this program however a co-contribution can be considered where applicable.
Grants are available for:
- Operational equipment such as generators, hoses, chainsaws, thermal imaging cameras, rescue and safety equipment and trailers
- Off the shelf vehicles such as cars, utilities and 4WD vehicles and on-road costs
- Facility improvements and maintenance
- Training and Development including program fees, travel, facility hire
- Community engagement and education
- Other miscellaneous requirements that volunteers believe they need to assist in the sustainability of their brigade, club or unit and that will enhance services to the community.
Criteria for application
The application must demonstrate at least one of the following:
- Address immediate needs and enhance operational capability
- Provide further benefit to the community to prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies
- Increase the leadership, skills and capability of volunteer/s
- Encourage the retention and growth of volunteers in brigades, clubs and units
- Meets the appropriate emergency management standards
- Meets the appropriate agency standards.
How to apply:
Applications for ESVS grants are now closed. Applications received prior to 6 March 2017 are still under consideration. Successful applications will be announced in the coming weeks. To see a list of successful grant applications as of June 1 2017 please see below.
If you have any queries about the program or an applicatoin, please email email@example.com
If you would like to receive this publication in a more accessible format, you can request it via our feedback form.