The Victorian Emergency Management Capability Blueprint outlines the current and desired future state for Victoria’s emergency management capability. The overall aim of the Blueprint is to have an effective emergency management capability across Victoria that can meet future needs.
It identifies key capability foundations and provides a strategic direction for the future.
The Blueprint has three objectives to ensure the sector and its partners have a clear pathway of working towards understanding its capability now and into the future.
- To achieve a shared understanding, appreciation and understanding of the EM sector’s capabilities, capacity and underlying responsibilities.
- To improve integration for the future by maximising current EM capabilities while building and developing future capabilities based on emerging risk.
- To connect and enhance capability across community, business and government partnerships.
This collaborative approach towards understanding and developing capability across the sector are underpinned by the following capability principles:
- Drive improved public value by working as one
- Maximise utilisation of capability and capacity
- Embrace continuous improvement, innovation and research
- Enhance partnerships and shared responsibilities
- Commitment to leadership at all levels.
These link(s) will open in a new browser window.
You may need Adobe® Acrobat® Reader or Libre Office to view the document(s) on this page.
Get Adobe® Acrobat® Reader (External link)
Get Libre Office (External link)
If you would like to receive this publication in a more accessible format, you can request it via our feedback form.