The EM Annual Operations Summary is part of an ongoing cycle of learning and improvement, highlighting operational activity, good practice, changes and improvements that have occurred across the Victorian EM sector during 2020-21.
The scope of this document includes EM operational activities undertaken within the 2020-21 financial year. It has been developed in conjunction with the State Review Team (SRT).
The SRT has representation from a range of EM partners that meet regularly to discuss lessons management from across the EM sector, provide updates on their lessons and evaluation activities and consider opportunities to collaborate and improve the way we work together, respond to incidents and learn from events to inform sector-wide learning. The SRT’s primary objective is to promote a consistent culture of learning and sector wide continuous improvement in a coordinated and effective manner.
Members of the SRT supported the development of this report, including:
- Ambulance Victoria
- Australian Red Cross
- Aviation Rescue Fire Fighting
- Bushfire Recovery Victoria
- Country Fire Authority
- Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
- Department of Families, Fairness and Housing
- Department of Health
- Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions - including Agriculture Victoria and Local Government Victoria
- Department of Transport - including VicRoads, Public Transport Victoria and Freight Victoria
- Emergency Management Victoria
- Emergency Services Telecommunication Authority
- Environment Protection Authority
- Fire Rescue Victoria Life Saving Victoria
- Municipal Association of Victoria
- St John Ambulance
- Victoria Police
- Victoria State Emergency Service
- Other agencies and departments as required
The EM Annual Operations Summary includes a narrative of readiness activities, significant events and case studies that highlight EM operational activity that has occurred during the financial year. This includes an overview of the diverse range of activities that have occurred and demonstrates the level of support the sector provides to ensure safer and more resilient communities.
Download the full summary
If you would like to receive this publication in a more accessible format, you can request it via our feedback form.