Emergency management volunteers are fundamental to the Victoria’s ability to plan, prepare for, respond to and recover from a range of emergencies.
The VVP provides the opportunity for volunteers to identify ideas, initiatives and opportunities for innovation, that contribute to strengthening, encouraging and maintaining volunteerism in Victoria’s emergency management sector.
The VVP aligns with The Victorian Emergency Services Volunteer Framework and its four goals:
- A robust volunteering culture is created within Victorian emergency services and the community
- More Victorians become ‘life-long’ emergency services volunteers
- Volunteers are proactively supported, valued, recognised and respected for their professionalism, dedication and quality of service
- Volunteers are empowered to play an active leadership role in their local communities.
The VVP provides the opportunity to develop innovative volunteer initiatives and pilot programs that support these framework goals. It is currently available to:
- AustralianVolunteerCoast Guard Association (AVCGA)
- CountyFire Authority (CFA)
- Volunteer Fire Brigades Victoria (VFBV)
- Emergency Services Foundation (ESF)
- Life Saving Victoria (LSV)
- VictoriaState Emergency Service (VICSES)
The VVP is an ongoing program of support to Victoria’s emergency management volunteers, and administered by EMV.