** Applications for the Volunteer Emergency Services Equipment Program (VESEP) have now closed. **
What is the Volunteer Emergency Services Equipment Program?
The Volunteer Emergency Services Equipment Program (VESEP) is an ongoing program funded by the Victorian Government, which provides local emergency services volunteer groups access to grants for operational equipment, vehicles, trucks, tankers, watercraft, trailers and minor facility improvements.
The 2017–18 program offers grants up to a maximum of $100,000 excluding GST. The VESEP will contribute $2 for every $1 of funding contributed by the local volunteer group.
Who can apply?
The VESEP is open to the following organisations:
- Marine search and rescue providers
- Country Fire Authority
- Life Saving Victoria
- Victoria State Emergency Service
- Other eligible volunteer emergency services groups as defined in the Emergency Management Manual Victoria.
What can be funded?
If eligible, you may only apply for one project. Your project must begin on or after the start of the funding allocation. Funding should be fully expended by the end of the grant’s financial year.
Priority will be given to the following:
1. Operational Equipment such as:
- Quick Fill Pumps
- Inflatable Rescue Boats
- Rescue and Safety Equipment
2. Vehicles and Appliances such as:
- Lighting and Storm Trailers
- Light/Medium Tankers
- Big Fill Trucks
- Rescue Trucks
3. Minor Facility Improvements such as:
- Amenities – such as: kitchens/change rooms
What is not funded?
Core budget requirements
- Recurrent expenditure such as maintenance
- Projects currently in progress
- Project overspends
How are applications assessed?
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- The asset will enhance operational capability
- The group has the appropriate resources to house, operate and maintain the asset
- The asset will provide a net community benefit
- Funding for the asset has not been received under another program
- The group must meet their matched funding formula contribution
- The group can demonstrate that the make and model of all equipment meets agency standards
An assessment panel (VESEP Panel) will be chaired by Emergency Management Victoria and will comprise representatives from relevant emergency services organisations.
How to apply?
- Each agency will distribute specific guidelines and application forms.
- You need to complete the application form, attaching relevant financial plans, statements and responses to agency specific key selection criteria.
- Lodge your application with your agency by the date outlined in the agency-specific guidelines.
What happens next?
Your application will be registered and prioritised by your agency. The VESEP Panel will review applications and forward recommendations to the Minister for Emergency Services. Under this program, agencies may also fund state and regional initiatives, which will be considered by the VESEP Panel. You will be advised in writing if your application has been successful.
Who has previously received a grant?
For more information call VESEP liaison officer at Emergency Management Victoria on (03) 8685 1303 or email email@example.com
Download the Volunteer Emergency Services Equipment Program brochure (PDF 1 MB)