Victoria’s volunteer emergency services will be able to apply for funds to buy essential equipment through the latest round of Volunteer Emergency Services Equipment Program (VESEP) grants, which opened today.
Volunteer organisations have until 26 May 2022 to apply.
VESEP is an ongoing, annual grants program which provides emergency services volunteer groups with grants to fund operational equipment, make minor facilities repairs and purchase vehicles including trucks, tankers, trailers and watercraft.
$14.6 million has been committed to the program for 2022-23, with grants of up to $150,000 available. VESEP will provide $2 for every $1 of funding contributed by the local volunteer group.
VESEP grants help ensure emergency services volunteer groups have the equipment they need to protect their community. Over the past eight years, VESEP has provided more than $100 million to volunteer groups around the state. See the list of last year's grant recipients .
This year’s grants pool includes:
- more than $10.6 million for volunteer CFA brigades
- more than $2.39 million for SES units
- more than $350,000 for Marine Search and Rescue, including the Australian Volunteer Coast Guard Association
- more than $835,000 for Life Saving Victoria clubs
- more than $380,000 for other volunteer agencies.
Visit our VESEP page for more information about the 2022-23 grant application process.