The AFL community is celebrating emergency services in Gippsland today, with Hawthorn taking on Collingwood for six ‘quarters’ of AFL action at the Morwell Recreation Reserve.
Emergency services play a vital role protecting and supporting regional communities. This free event is an opportunity for locals to meet and thank representatives from the sector.
People will be able to join the clubs at an emergency services fan zone, to celebrate the contribution of emergency service workers and volunteers. The fan zone will feature club mascots, kids’ activities including a post-game Auskick session, food trucks and emergency service vehicles including:
- Country Fire Authority - field command vehicle and tanker
- Coast Guard Victoria - rescue boat
- Forest Fire Management Victoria - Unimog and GWagen
- Life Saving Victoria - vehicle
- Australian Red Cross - van
- Ambulance Victoria - van
- State Emergency Service - rescue truck and 4x4
- Victorian Council of Churches Emergencies Ministry - ute
- Victoria Police - divisional van and sedan.
The event is open to the public from 3pm, with the first bounce at 4pm. Find the emergency services’ displays near Keegan and Travers streets.