May 31 2018
Victorians have been given more time to get their entries in for the 2018 Resilient Australia Awards.
The Awards recognise and promote initiatives that build resilience and inspire others to take action – making communities safer, more connected and better prepared for natural hazards and emergencies.
Run annually, they are open to all Victorians, including individuals, not for profit organisations, businesses both large and small, local and state government, schools, education institutions, research bodies and emergency management agencies.
The Awards are held at both state and national level. There are five categories at state level:
- Resilient Australia Community Award: Communities, non-government organisations, tertiary colleges and universities.
- Resilient Australia Business Award: Private sector and business.
- Resilient Australia Government Award: Local Government and State Government.
- Resilient Australia School Award: Public and private pre-school, primary and secondary schools.
- Resilient Australia Photography Award (People’s Choice Award): Open to individual photographers/copyright holders.
2018 National Awards
Winners from each state category will advance to the National Awards, where entrants are judged in the following categories:
- Resilient Australia National Award: projects which have benefited three or more states and territories, as well as state winners from the Community, Business or Government categories.
- Resilient Australia School National Award: winners of the state and territory school awards will be eligible.
- Resilient Australia National Photography Award (Editor’s Choice Award) - the winning photograph will appear on the cover of the Australian Journal of Emergency Management
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 8 June 2018.
For more information and to apply, visit the Australian Institute for Disaster Resilience website