The Emergency Services Volunteer Sustainability Grants Program was a grants program that was funded in 2016-17 and 2018-19 by the Victorian Government to support the significant contribution of the more than 100,000 Victorian emergency management volunteers, through much needed investment to address urgent facilities, equipment and training needs.
It was established to ensure Victorian emergency management volunteers could continue to deliver their crucial work to keep Victorians safe.
Currently there are no additional funding rounds planned for this grants program.
Grants of up to $50,000 were available to eligible clubs, units or organisations.
Grants of up to $150,000 were also be available for multi-agency or partnership proposals, and larger initiatives that support volunteerism or local communities – in either awareness, preparedness, response, recovery or resilience.
Grants were available for:
- Community engagement and education projects
- Operational equipment such as generators, chainsaws, rescue and safety equipment and trailers
- Off-the-shelf vehicles
- Minor facility improvements/maintenance
- Training and Development including program fees, travel, and facility hire etc.
- Other miscellaneous requirements that volunteers believe they need, to assist in the sustainability of their club or unit, and that will enhance services to the community.
Who was eligible to apply?
The 2018-19 ESVS Grants Program was for volunteers from:
Victoria State Emergency Service units
- Victorian Volunteer Marine Search and Rescue units
- Life Saving Victoria clubs
- Other emergency management organisations identified in the Emergency Management Manual Victoria.
The ESVS grants program was not open to CFA volunteers in 2018-19 as the CFA has its own government-funded grants program for volunteer firefighters, the $10 million Enhancing Volunteerism Grants Program. For more information visit www.cfa.vic.gov.au .
Who received a grant?
Previous applicants can access their applications at: https://emv.smartygrants.com.au
For more information call the Grants Team at Emergency Management Victoria on (03) 8685 1303 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to receive this publication in a more accessible format, you can request it via our feedback form.