The Executive Consequence Management (ECM) Program is a three-day residential program which drives the all communities, all emergency model of emergency management in strategic leaders within Victoria’s emergency management sector.
Facilitated by Emergency Management Victoria in conjunction with the Barrington Centre and the emergency management sector, 25 programs have been undertaken between 2012 and 2016, with attendance from over 500 senior emergency management practitioners from a range of business, agency, community and government departments. Presenters include experts from government, businesses, health organisations and community.
The effectiveness of emergency management rests on the ability of executive leaders to coordinate and work together collaboratively. The Executive Consequence Management Program increases participant abilities to make better and more informed decisions during major emergencies, as well as increasing the management capabilities of executives across a broader range of government and non-government agencies.
Topics covered in the course include:
1. The Changed Environment for Managing Emergencies
2. Creating the Coalition
3. Politics in Emergencies and Government Expectations
4. Executive Consequence Leadership
5. Crisis Leadership: The political dimensions of emergency/crisis management in the domestic and international setting
6. A Community Perspective of Major Emergencies
7. The Human Cost of Emergencies on Communities
8. Community Connections
9. Strategy in Action
For more information, please contact email@example.com , or call 1300 857 363.
If you would like to receive this publication in a more accessible format, you can request it via our feedback form.