8 March, 2018
Today is International Women’s Day where communities across the world celebrate the achievements of women, and the many and varied contributions women make to our lives.
The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity. This year’s theme is #PressforProgress, focussing on:
- challenging stereotypes that limit women
- ‘gender parity’ by always including women in our workplace and nominating women for opportunities
- calling out inappropriate behaviour
- celebrating women’s achievements, and
- influencing others’ beliefs and actions.
Today is also an opportunity to reflect on the progress made on gender equality, how much we still have to do, and the importance of continuing to recognise, include and celebrate women in our lives, and in our workforce.
Across Emergency Management Victoria and the State’s emergency management sector, women are making a significant and positive difference.
Listen to what some of our staff have to say about fostering a culture that is inclusive and respectful and encourages women and men to reach their full potential.